This Broccoli Salad is easy-to-make and nutrient-rich but also super tasty. With a crunch in every bite and all the vibrant flavors, this salad is a healthy and satisfying choice.
If you are looking for an easy, mouthwatering salad recipe that is both nutritious and bursting with flavors, this healthy and simple Broccoli Salad recipe is it.
For the longest time I did not think I liked broccoli because of the smell of steaming it. I started enjoying it in a honey garlic chicken recipe at a local restaurant then last month I had a broccoli salad at a luncheon and stopped the chef to ask him what was in the sauce. And then promptly went home and made it. It is now on repeat at my place so I can get those greens in. This would also be perfect with the addition of apples and pumpkin seeds. Pumpkin seeds are another new favorite that can be a problem in my pantry.
This simple Broccoli Salad recipe is the perfect combination of fresh ingredients, crunch, tangy sauce and vibrant colors. It is filled with essential vitamins and minerals, so it will not only wake up your taste buds but also provide a satisfying meal or side dish.
Get ready to whip up this simple yet irresistible Broccoli Salad that will leave you craving for more.
Ingredients for Broccoli Salad
To create this easy, healthy broccoli salad, you will need the following ingredients:
- Fresh broccoli
- Red onion
- Dried cranberries
- Sunflower seeds
- Red bell peppers (or tomatoes)
- Bacon pieces
- Pecans pieces
- Carrots julienned
- Hard boiled eggs (optional)
- Red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
I know what you’re thinking – hard boiled eggs in a Broccoli Salad? This lady has lost her mind. At that luncheon where I first had this recipe, it had half of a hard boiled egg off to the side and the remaining white part of the egg was diced into pieces and in the salad. It worked. But this salad is also completely amazing without the addition of the egg. Sometimes I forget to make the eggs so I omit it and really don’t miss it.
Follow these easy steps to prepare your Broccoli Salad:
- Wash broccoli heads thoroughly then cut into small florets. Peel and chop the stems into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the mayonnaise, sugar, honey and red wine vinegar.
- Add the broccoli, red onion, cranberries, sunflower seeds, bell peppers, pecans, bacon, carrots and egg whites.
- Toss the ingredients together until they are evenly distributed.
- Refrigerate the salad for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together. This broccoli salad is best when left overnight.
Optional Additions for Extra Flavor
If you want to experiment with additional flavors, try adding these ingredients into your broccoli salad:
- Pumpkin seeds (in place of the sunflower seeds)
- Diced green apples
- Diced avocado
- Sliced almonds
- Chopped fresh herbs (such as parsley or basil)
Health Benefits of Broccoli Salad
Indulging in this broccoli salad comes with numerous health benefits, including:
- Ingredients rich in fiber, which aids digestion and promotes a healthy gut.
- Ingredients high in antioxidants that help combat oxidative stress and reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
- Ingredients packed with vitamins C, K, and A, which promotes strong immune function and supports healthy bones.
This Broccoli Salad is great for a picnic, lunch, or as a side dish for a meal. Start incorporating this nutritious salad into your weekly meal rotation for a delightful and nourishing experience.
Simple Broccoli Salad
An easy-to-make and nutrient-rich, and tasty Broccoli Salad. With a crunch in every bite and all the vibrant flavors, this simple Broccoli Salad is a healthy and satisfying choice.
10 minPrep Time
2 hr, 10 Total Time
- 1 head Broccoli, washed and chopped
- 2 Tbsp red onions, finely diced
- 1/4 c dried Cranberries
- 2 Tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1/4 c red bell peppers, finely diced
- 1/4 c Bacon pieces
- 1/4 c Pecans, chopped
- 1 c Carrots julienned
- 1 Hard boiled egg, diced (either all or just the egg white part of egg)
- 2/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 1/2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 1/2 Tbsp honey
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for dressing. Whisk until completely combined and smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients into dressing and toss to combine.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours or overnight.
- The flavors meld together the longer you leave it in the refrigerator.