If you’re looking for a quick and easy meal that’s packed with flavor, these Easy Shrimp Tacos are the perfect choice! Made with just a few ingredients, these tacos are ready in just 20 minutes and are sure to be a hit with the whole family.
Recently on a trip home, I had some shrimp tacos from a local restaurant for lunch. I was blown away by these tacos because they were filled with everything I love. Anything with chipotle aioli is going to be a win for me. I had them twice in one day because I told my sister about how good they were and we had them for dinner. We both knew I would be recreating these Easy Shrimp Tacos when I got home.
Why you’ll love this Easy Shrimp Taco recipe
Shrimp is such a versatile and protein rich food. I love it in the air fryer, sauteed, fried, in salads, and of course, tacos. The only cooking is literally to sauté the shrimp and heat the corn tortillas. You could make your own chipotle aioli but I love the Kraft version and always have a bottle in my fridge. You can make the mango salsa the day before so that takes some of the day of preparation away. You can also add the shrimp, mango salsa, avocado and chipotle aioli to mixed greens for a great salad.
Ingredients for Easy Shrimp Tacos
- Tony’s seasoning
- Cabbage slaw mix
- Corn tortillas
- Chipotle Aioli
- Mango Salsa
How to make Easy Shrimp Tacos in just 20 minutes
- Prepare your mango salsa ahead of time.
- Sauté the shrimp (or cook it to your liking).
- Heat up the corn tortillas on a comal or cast iron skillet while the shrimp is cooking. I like to use two corn tortillas per taco to make it sturdier.
- Spread some aioli on the corn tortilla, add some avocado, cabbage, shrimp, mango salsa and more aioli.
- Eat and enjoy!
Tips for serving and storing shrimp tacos
My preference is to eat these as soon as you make them. But you can easily make the mango salsa in advance as well as the shrimp. If you heat the corn tortillas in the microwave, wrapped in a wet paper towel, it takes less than a minute to heat them up. Everything else is already separated. These can easily be made for meal prep for lunch or dinner.
Easy Shrimp Tacos
Yields 6 tacos
If you're looking for a quick and easy meal that's packed with flavor, these Easy Shrimp Tacos are the perfect choice! Made with just a few ingredients, these tacos are ready in just 20 minutes and are sure to be a hit with the whole family.
10 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- For Mango Salsa:
- 1/4 c Mango, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 1/2 Tbsp red onion, finely diced
- 1 Tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- For Shrimp Tacos:
- 1 lb shrimp
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Tony Chachere seasoning, to taste
- Corn Tortillas
- Chipotle Aioli
- Avocado slices
- Cabbage mix
- Optional: Cilantro and limes
- Prepare Mango Salsa by combining all ingredients and mixing together. Place in covered dish and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Add butter to sauté pan. Season shrimp with Tony Chachere seasoning. Add shrimp to melted butter and cook until pink, turning once.
- Heat corn tortillas on comal or cast iron skillet, using two tortillas per taco.
- Drizzle chipotle aioli on corn tortillas. Top with avocado slices, then cabbage mix. Top with shrimp, mango salsa, and chipotle aioli.
- Can top with cilantro and lime juice.