This Easy Taco Rice is a super simple one pot meal. This blend of taco meat, rice, beans and corn make for a filling dinner or for use in salads, burritos or bowls.
I am always looking for easy meals to make for my parents when I visit them. This Easy Taco Rice recipe I found on TikTok (from mississippi_kween) about a year ago filled that bill. Of course I had to adapt it and added some beans and corn to make it more filling for them.
This was a hit and they are always pleased when I make it for them. We added it on top of some lettuce, tomatoes and Doritos. You could easily add it on top of a potato, to a bowl like we did with lettuce and tortilla chips, or in a tortilla to make a burrito. You can also add your favorite veggies to bulk it up. The minute rice is so easy to use and is done in five minutes. I usually portion these out for freezer meals if I am making more than one dish for my parents.
I gave up TikTok for Lent and I sometimes wonder how many recipes I missed during this time. But man oh man have I been more productive without that little app. I enjoy it but it is a time sucker. I’ve been able to get more reading in, my place is always clean, I’ve watched a couple of series (Mayor of Kingstown and Tulsa King are both wonderful), and just lots of stuff getting crossed off my to do list.
Like posting this Easy Taco Rice recipe which has been sitting in my drafts forever. Get ready for a few more because I have about five that have just been sitting there in my drafts folder.
I’m also working on a family cookbook that I’m finally almost near the end. I may have to just stay off TikTok to get it done. I’m also doing a separate one for my niece and nephews that has favorite recipes for them. But Instagram still takes my time and I don’t want to give that up because I would miss so much Royal news and we can’t have that.
Easy Taco Rice
A super simple one pot meal. This blend of taco meat, rice, beans and corn make for a filling dinner or for use in salads, burritos or bowls.
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 lb ground beef or ground Turkey
- Seasonings to taste - salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder
- 1/4 c onion, chopped
- 1/4 c green and bell pepper, chopped
- Taco seasoning packet
- 1 1/2 c water
- 1 1/4 c Minute Rice (if you use a different kind, you need to adjust the cooking time)
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes
- 1 can pinto or black beans, drained
- 1 can kernel corn, drained
- 1 - 1 1/2 c Mexican blend cheese
- In a large sauté pan, brown meat. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Add diced onions and bell peppers and cook for a few minutes.
- Add taco seasoning and water to beef then mix together. Bring to a boil.
- Add Rotel, beans and corn then mix together with beef. (I only used half a can of rotel so if you want more heat, add the whole can). Add rice and mix with other ingredients.
- Top with cheese. Lower heat to a simmer, cover and let bake for 5 minutes.
- Serve with Doritos, lettuce and tomatoes.
Leave a Reply