These Peanut Butter M&M Cookies are the perfect treat. Big in size and big in taste the flavor combo is my favorite.
So this year I have told myself to relax about my blog. If I don’t get a post up every week, it’s ok. But I think I am becoming too relaxed. Weeks are going by without a post and I just need to get better at a routine. I’m sharing these Peanut Butter M&M Cookies to get me back in the swing of things.
I have been busy in the kitchen but I’ve had about the same amount of fails as I’ve had successes. And it’s hard when you’re trying to stay on a weight loss plan. The last thing I need when I’m trying to eat healthier is big bomb cookies but after my recent trip to Las Vegas, I couldn’t help myself. Oh yeah. These are in no way shape or form weight loss friendly cookies. Nope. In fact, they may have contributed to my gaining a bit over the last couple of weeks but let me tell you, they are worth it.
These bad boys are a copycat from an M&M Cookie I had at Buddy V’s Bakery in the Venetian Hotel. That was one of my favorite casinos of my trip – but more on that next week when I post about my Las Vegas trip. This cookie was huge. I was so full after eating at his restaurant but I couldn’t pass up the cookies. So I saved them for a very late night snack that night.
These cookies are heavenly. And even better with peanut butter M&Ms. But what isn’t better with peanut butter? I like my cookies crispy on the edges and soft in the middle. I adapted these from the Toll House Chocolate Chip cookie recipe and I have to say, it’s my go-to chocolate chip recipe from now on. Enjoy!
Peanut Butter M&M Cookies
Yields 24 cookies
Peanut Butter M&M Cookies are the perfect combo for big bomb cookies.
5 minsPrep Time
13 minsCook Time
18 minsTotal Time
- 1/2 c butter, softened
- 1/4 c plus 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 c plus 2 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 c plus 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 c semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1/2 c peanut butter chips
- 1 c Peanut Butter M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining with a silpat liner (or parchment paper).
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until creamy. Add in the vanilla extract and egg and continue to mix to combine.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Slowly mix to combine all ingredients.
- Fold in the chocolate and peanut butter chips. Add in about 2/3 of the M&Ms.
- Using a large cookie scoop, scoop dough into large balls. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Press in a couple of M&Ms to the cookies if none are showing on top.
- Baker for 12-14 minutes until baked to your desired liking. Like I said, I like mine crispy on the edges. Cool for a few minutes then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.