Small Smashed Potatoes are a mini-version of loaded baked potatoes. Perfect for any gathering to share with family and friends.
Every year I try to come up with something different for our Easter dinner. In past years I’ve had this family favorite, Bacon Ranch Baked Potato Salad but this year I wanted something a little smaller since it will just be me and my parents at the house. I’ve made these smashed potatoes a few times now and love that they are little versions of a baked potato. But creamier. They are the perfect accompaniment for your Easter dinner.
You can add whatever toppings you want to make it your perfect side dish. On my baked potatoes I just like butter and bacon. I added some cheese on these because they just called for it. Curiously enough, I ate much less potatoes in this version. Normally I would eat a whole baked potato, but with these minis, two or three were enough.
It’s a quick side dish to make and one that the whole family will enjoy. We will also be having this uber popular version of Rudy’s Creamed Corn. It is always a hit.
25 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- Mini Yellow Dutch Potatoes
- Butter Spray
- Mixed Mexican cheese
- Bacon, cooked crispy and cut into pieces
- Green onions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place potatoes in a large stockpot and fill with water - enough to cover potatoes. Bring water to a boil and cook for about 15-20 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Remove from heat and drain potatoes.
- Place potatoes on a parchment lined baking sheet or spray baking sheet with cooking spray. Using a potato masher, mash potatoes slightly.
- Spray potatoes with butter spray then sprinkle cheese on top. Place in the oven and bake until cheese melts.
- Top with bacon and green onions and other favorite toppings.
Leave a Reply