Ooey gooey marshmallows are roasted atop graham cracker cookies to make these delectable S’mores cookies.
A lot of times my inspiration for recipes I put up on the blog comes from eating out. I love trying new (to me) places whenever I can.
Instagram is one of my favorite ways to find out about places to eat. I keep a running list of places to try for different cities on my notes app on my phone. It comes in handy and I love giving a little ✔ when I’ve eaten some place.
These S’mores cookies were inspired by a ginormous S’mores cookie I had at Kellie’s Baking Co. in Austin. Oh em gee that cookie was delicious. I originally bought it for my niece but while she was hemming and hawing (is that right?) about whether or not she wanted to eat it, I snatched it out of her hands and took a piece. I almost didn’t give it back.
The whole cookie was so sweet (not that there’s anything wrong with that! At all!) but the flavors together were amazing. All that marshmallowy goodness on top was incredible.
I immediately had to recreate it because it’s what I do. You’re welcome. I tried to help you out by creating a small batch. And by small batch I mean 11 cookies.
Small Batch S’mores Cookies
Serves 1 large cookie
Ooey gooey marshmallows are roasted atop graham cracker cookies to make these delectable S'mores cookies.
6 minPrep Time
11 minCook Time
17 minTotal Time
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 c sugar
- 1/3 c light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 c all purpose flour
- 1/2 c graham crackers crumbs (about 3 1/2 rectangles)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Mini chocolate chips
- Graham crackers
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together softened butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Mix together for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in vanilla extract and egg. Continue to mix together until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually add flour mixture to wet ingredients.
- Place a silpat or parchment paper on a large cookie sheet.
- Drop dough using a large cookie scoop onto the cookie sheet. Place dough 3 inches apart as the cookies will spread.
- Bake for 9 minutes.
- Once baked, top cookies with mini chocolate chips.
- Add either large marshmallows cut in half or a large mound of mini marshmallows on top of chocolate chips.
- Place cookies back in the oven and turn oven to broil. Broil until browned. Watch the oven carefully to ensure the marshmallows do not burn - this does not take long!
- Melt chocolate chips and drizzle over roasted marshmallows. Sprinkle crushed graham crackers on top of cookies.