This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PrepSealSave #CollectiveBias
Cranberry Barbecue Glazed Pork Chops is the perfect mashup of summer and fall. Easy to save in the freezer with the FoodSaver® FM3941 Vacuum Sealing System.
One of my favorite things about the beginning of Fall is all the great food that comes with the season. As soon as October hits I start getting ready for Thanksgiving and all that comes with that. Turkey. Check. Dressing. Check. Cranberries. Check.
But this year for the first time I’m already missing summer foods. That seriously never happens. So I had to make a mashup of summer and fall ingredients and make sauce for these Cranberry Barbecue Glazed Pork Chops.
This sauce reminds me of my dad as he always made his own barbecue sauce when we were growing up. We never had bottled sauce in the house. Ever. So making my own comes naturally. However, I enjoy my barbecue sauce a little sweet. As soon as I saw cranberries were available for purchase, I grabbed a few bags to use knowing I would incorporate them into this sauce.
Not wanting to use up all the cranberries at once, I put some in my FoodSaver® FM3941 Vacuum Sealing System to throw in the freezer. My dad used to have a FoodSaver® back in the day and used it constantly. He would make big pots of menudo and then put some in individual bowls and seal them up for the freezer for later. I never quite knew the satisfaction until I got my own. This is my second system and I love all the new features on this one.
I am on a debt-free and budgeting journey so I am always buying the Buy 1 Get 1 Free meats that the grocery store has to offer and with my FoodSaver® FM3941, I can use it to easily freeze them. The FoodSaver® FM3941 keeps food fresh up to 5 times longer than using zipper bags, foil, plastic wrap and containers. With this version of the FoodSaver® FM3941, you can also marinate in minutes instead of hours. (insert shocked emoji face!)
The FoodSaver® FM3941 System includes vacuum seal bags, vacuum zipper bags and containers designed to work together with vacuum sealers for optimal performance. Another benefit is by taking all of the air out, you can ensure your meat will be cooked evenly throughout. The FoodSaver® FM3941 is the number 1 Vacuum Sealing solution in the US for a reason. I have been going crazy vacuum sealing everything. It is so simple to use. I especially love that the built-in feature easily preserves food in the freezer or refrigerator. Another plus is that making and cutting bags is easy with dedicated roll storage and a built-in cutter. The bags are best for long-term freezer storage, blocking out air and helping to prevent freezer burn.
Be sure and get your FoodSaver® FM3941 Vacuum Sealing System and FoodSaver® Bags and Rolls Value Pack at Costco. The FM3941 Vacuum Sealing System will be $40 OFF in November and the FoodSaver® Bags and Rolls Value Pack will be $10 OFF in November. Remember that you must have Costco membership to purchase there.
Now for this delicious recipe for Cranberry Barbecue Glazed Pork Chops.
Cranberry Barbecue Glazed Pork Chops
20 minsPrep Time
20 minsCook Time
40 minsTotal Time
- 12 oz bag cranberries
- 1 1/2 c water
- 2/3 c brown sugar
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dried ground thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2/3 c ketchup
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- Pork chops:
- 4 bone-in pork chops
- 2 c water
- 2 Tbsp Kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Brine pork chops by placing water and kosher salt in bowl. Mix together to dissolve salt. Place pork chops, cover and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine pork chop spices to create rub. Drizzle some olive olive over pork chops and sprinkle rub mix all over.
- Heat cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Place pork chops in pan to sear on each side. Place pan in oven to finish baking for about 5 minutes.
- Combine all sauce ingredients in large pot. Bring to a bowl. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Optional: Use an immersion blender to mash cranberries.
Here’s how easy it is to seal up items for the freezer:
- Plug in FoodSaver® FM3941 System. Set level to Open.
- Unroll freezer roll enough to seal bottom.
- Close system and set lever to On.
- Press Seal to seal and close bag.
- Set lever to Open and roll bag to desired length.
- Set lever to On and press seal. Slider cutter to cut bag while sealing.
- Remove bag and put pork chops inside.
- Set lever to Open and place bag inside. Close lid and set lever to On.
- Press Seal/Vacuum and watch the magic happen.
- Set lever to Open and remove sealed bag. Write contents on bag.
For more ideas be sure and check out the following pages: