Tacos have never looked so good. All the goodness of tacos in a bowl of spaghetti squash makes an easy and delicious weeknight dinner.
So tell me, are you still eating healthy? We are at the end of February and while I don’t deprive myself, I am still eating better than I normally do. This Spaghetti Squash Taco Boat is a favorite of mine and it’s trying new ways to have tacos that is helping me stay on track with Weight Watchers. You know this girl can’t give up her tacos.
I’ve always been a fan of squash but it wasn’t until the last year that I actually tried different kinds of squash other than your typical yellow squash. Hello great goodness!!
I love that this Spaghetti Squash Taco Boat adds some depth to taco meat and it serves as the dish to serve it in as well. Totally loving that. I also like to fork up the squash after it bakes. I don’t know why that gives me satisfaction but it does.
Please feel free to use your own homemade taco seasoning blend with this. For me, sometimes I just need quick help when cooking dinner. I will say that I do save the rest of the package for later in the week so it doesn’t go to waste.
My recommendation is to use full on fat cheese for this because it just melts better, in my opinion.
Spaghetti Squash Taco Boat
Serves 1/2 spaghetti squash
Tacos have never looked so good. All the goodness of tacos in a bowl of spaghetti squash.
5 minsPrep Time
45 minsCook Time
50 minsTotal Time
- 1 medium Spaghetti squash
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 5 oz ground beef
- 1 Tbsp Green and Red bell pepper, diced
- 1 Tbsp onion, diced
- 1 tsp taco seasoning
- 2 tsp water
- 1/4 c kernel corn, drained
- 1/4 c black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbsp Rotel tomatoes
- 2 tsp green onion, diced
- Cilantro, for garnish
- 1/2 c Lite mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut spaghetti squash down the middle and remove seeds. Season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Place face down on a parchment lined baking sheet. Place in the oven and bake for 35 minutes.
- While squash is baking, prepare taco meat.
- In a medium skillet, brown ground beef over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper. Add bell peppers and onion and let cook with meet while it browns.
- Once browned, add taco seasoning and water. Stir to mix together. Let cook for 3-5 minutes. Add corn, black beans and Rotel. Let cook until cork and beans are warmed.
- Once spaghetti squash is baked, remove from oven and carefully turn over. I usually use tongs to do this. Take a fork and run it across the squash to get spaghetti like squash. Carefully fork it to loosen and make it easier to pick up once the taco meat is in.
- Divide taco meat among both servings. Split cheese among squash and place under the broiler for a couple of minutes until cheese is melted. Garnish with green onions and cilantro.