Easy Zero Points Chicken Taco Soup is the perfect combination for the winter months and to keep you on track with Weight Watchers or weight loss.
Let’s just say I am slowly coming out of my holiday illness and this is the year to get on track with losing weight. This Easy Zero Points Chicken Taco Soup is helping me stay on track.
After Christmas I mentioned that I got sick. The cold I got over the holidays had me out of work a couple of days. As I went back home to drop off my nephew over the New Years holiday, I was still slightly sick but pushed myself because he had to get back to school. And I wanted to see my family again. After the new year, I went back to work and I thought things were going to get better. Then the next week I started feeling bad again so I went to see my doctor to inquire if she could give me something to kick this gunk out of my system. I was floored when she told me I had the flu and pneumonia. Low oxygen levels, constant fever, excruciating body aches and a hacking cough had me down and out all week.
Two weeks later and I still have a slight cough but I am finally starting to feel like myself. Can we just start 2018 over again? Now my sister and niece have it and I hate that I can’t be there to help them through it. I’ve put myself into quarantine (other than work) because I refuse to get more germs from people who refuse to stay home.
This Easy Zero Points Chicken Taco Soup helped me stay on track while I was sick. It also helped me lose over 11 pounds the first week of Wright Watchers. Ok being sick also helped but then I got my appetite back with a vengeance. I’m ready to be back on track! Luckily I have some of this delicious soup in the freezer.
Easy Zero Points Chicken Taco Soup
Yields 6 servings
2 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
32 minTotal Time
- 15 Oz can Ro*tel Original diced tomatoes
- 15 Oz can kernel corn, drained
- 15 Oz can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 Oz can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 Oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Ranch Dressing mix
- 2 c chicken stock
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 17 ml tomato paste
- 1 1/2 tsp taco seasoning mix
- 2 c water
- Optional toppings:
- Green Onions
- Crispy Corn tortilla strips
- In a large soup pot, add in all ingredients. Stir together to mix and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- To freeze: Let soup cool then divide into equal portions in a Ziploc freezer bag. Lie bag flat and place in the freezer.