The best way to spread Christmas cheer, is singing loud for all to hear! And drinking a Peppermint Milkshake at your Elf Party.
One of my most favorite things to do during the holidays is watch Christmas movies. And decorate. And this year, eat all the peppermint things like this Peppermint Milkshake.
This year I started decorating early because I was going to be out of town so much. I’m so glad I did because I have had time to enjoy my lights and lots of Christmas movies. I love those nights when I don’t have anything planned and I can cozy up on the sofa with a blanket, turn the lights on and boot up a movie. I like the classics, the newest movies and also the cheesy made for television movies. I love them all!
Last year we went to see a couple of movies at Alamo Drafthouse. I love their parties where they make it so much fun and give you props to make the movie interactive. One of the movies I saw there last year was Elf (amazon link). That’s one of my favorite movies and it seems like Freeform has had it on every night this month.
In case you don’t have an Alamo Drafthouse in your town, I’ve shared a little party bag full of prop ideas for your holiday movie night. You can download this Elf Movie Party Printout that has a sign for your prop bag and a list of props and how to use them.
At the Elf Party last year they had a Peppermint Milkshake so of course I had to recreate them. Feel free to put in some Peppermint Schnapps in place of the peppermint flavoring. I may have gone over the top with the different Peppermint flavors. But I liked it!
Serves depends on size glasses used
10 minsPrep Time
10 minsTotal Time
- 4 c vanilla ice cream
- 1 c milk
- 2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/2 c crushed peppermint sticks (6 sticks)
- 1/4 c peppermint baking chips (optional)
- Whipped topping
- 1/4 c chocolate chips
- Extra crushed sticks for garnishing
- Chocolate sauce doe drizzling
- If you are rimming your glasses with chocolate, prepare them first.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl in microwave in :30 second increments, stirring after each segment. Dip glass in chocolate to cover rim. Sprinkle crushed peppermint on chocolate. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and place glasses rimmed end down on paper. Place in the refrigerator to harden while you make the shakes.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and mix together until smooth.
- Pour shake into glasses. Top with whipped topped, a drizzle of chocolate sauce (optional) and top with crushed peppermint sticks.
Note: Shot glasses are from Home Goods (December 2017) and tree stirrers are from Target (December 2016).
Link to Amazon to purchase the movie.