The flavor of Key Lime Pie turned into a sweet ice cream treat in the form of Key Lime Popsicles.
Can you believe summer is just about over. I for one am thrilled because that means boot weather and all the pumpkin treats! So far I’ve refrained from making anything pumpkin but I’m holding on by a thread. These Key Lime Popsicles are helping me say goodbye to summer.
So this summer has been my year of No-Churn Ice Cream. I’ve seriously gone off the deep end making different flavors, some you haven’t even seen on here.
I just can’t help myself. I blame my family. Especially my momma and daddy. They always have ice cream in the freezer ready for a late night treat.
So I kept seeing cute popsicles all over Instagram so I immediately went on amazon to buy my own popsicle molds. I was so excited and my friend Tami insisted that I make key lime popsicles as soon as I opened the mold. Because if you know me, you know once a box comes in it will sit around for a while before I actually open it. I’m lazy like that.
Key Lime Pie happens to be one of those desserts I will always order if it’s on the menu. Always. Kind of like calamari. The appetizer. Not like a calamari pie! Ewww gross.
Anywho, I love me some Key Lime Pie. Like love it love it love it. And this possibly could not be any easier to make. I fancied it up by drizzling some chocolate on it and prettying it up with some graham crackers. Or you can leave it just as it for simplicity. Sublime. Sublime I tell you. Make it for your family to finish off your summer festivities.
Key Lime Pie Popsicles
The flavor of Key Lime Pie turned into a sweet ice cream treat in the form of Key Lime Pie Popsicles
8 hr, 5 Prep Time
8 hr, 5 Total Time
- 1 - 15 oz can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 c heavy cream
- 1/2 c milk
- 2 tsp key lime zest
- 3/4 c key lime juice
- 2 Graham crackers, crushed into crumbs
- Chocolate, melted
- In a medium bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, cream, milk, zest and key lime juice. Whisk together until thoroughly combined.
- Sprinkle some graham crackers into the bottom of the popsicle molds. Pour in the mixture into the molds. Cover and freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
- To remove popsicles, run the mold under slightly warm water until it loosens.
- Drizzle melted chocolate on popsicles then sprinkle graham cracker crumbs on top, if desired.