This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RediscoverLaMorena #VivaLaMorena #CollectiveBias
Have you ever had that dish that you can’t get out of your head? Kimchi Fries is that dish for me. And it all started with a food truck.
A few years ago, my friend Kristin and I decided we were going to visit a new food truck a week. Being in Austin, the food truck scene has been popping for quite a while. Back then, food trucks would move around and we would have to hunt them down to try them out.
LA MORENA® is helping me rediscover some favorite dishes from my food truck following days. Check out the LA MORENA® sweepstakes to win exciting prizes that will help you discover new places!
Luckily food trucks always seemed to be close enough that we could visit them often. Kristin could get me to try new to me foods. She’s the one who twisted my arm to try Brussel Sprouts and now I can’t have them enough.
The first time I went to Chi’lantro I was like um, thanks but I’m good. I wasn’t to the point yet where I would try ingredients that weren’t comfortable to me. Thank goodness I gave them a try. That was my first time eating Kimchi Fries and I loved it. Of course I love anything on French fries. I’m so glad my friend helped me get out of my comfort zone and helped me try some new to me foods.
Now that I no longer work near these amazing food trucks, I have to make these copycat dishes whenever the feeling strikes me. Of course I had to put my spin on it and make a Korean and Mexican fusion dish. I used LA MORENA® Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce because this ingredient just calls to me. It has just the right amount of spiciness and the flavor is unbelievable. Mix it up with mayonnaise and it turns mayonnaise into a favorite condiment that can go on so many dishes.
Luckily I was able to find everything I needed to make these Carne Asada Kimchi Fries at my local Fiesta. I love that store. My niece and I went crazy picking up our favorite foods and some specialty food.
LA MORENA® is a brand my family and I use frequently because we can trust the great flavor we’ve come to expect from each can. LA MORENA® has been around for over 35 years giving you that same great traditional flavor we have all come to love. Rediscover more flavors and recipes with LA MORENA®.
Coming soon! Check out where LA MORENA® is taking me this summer on Instagram! And be sure and follow LA MORENA® on their channels too:
- Twitter: @lamorenausa
- Instagram: @lamorenausa
- Pinterest: lamorenausa
- Facebook :lamorenausa
- YouTube: lamorenausa
Carne Asada Kimchi Fries
A little bit of sweet and a lot of spicy combine to make these Carne Asada Kimchi Fries. A fusion of Mexican and Korean food.
10 minPrep Time
27 minCook Time
37 minTotal Time
- Carne Asada:
- 1 lb flank or skirt steak
- 2 limes, juiced (about 1/4 c)
- 1 medium orange, juiced (about 1/4 c)
- 1/4 c beer
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tsp Minced garlic
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Carmelized Kimchi:
- 1/4 c Kimchi, diced
- 1 Tbsp brown Sugar
- 2 tsp LA MORENA® Chipotle Peppers in Adobo (use 7oz can)
- 1 tsp Soy sauce
- 1 tap White Vinegar
- 1/4 c mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp LA MORENA® Chipotle Peppers in Adobo
- Frozen French Fries (or homemade)
- Onions, diced
- Cheddar cheese, grated
- Sesame seeds
- Carne Asada:
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a bowl and mix together to combine. Place beef in a large resealable bag and add marinade. Mix together and place in the refrigerator for 8-24 hours.
- Grill beef or cook on stovetop until desired temperature. Set aside.
- Cook french fries according to package instructions.
- In a saute pan, combine ingredients for carmelized Kimchi. Cook over medium heat until liquid evaporates and kimchi becomes carmelized.
- To make sauce, combine mayonnaise and minced chipotele peppers and Adobo sauce. Mix until combined.
- Create Carne Asada Kimchi Fries by layering fries, diced beef, carmelized Kimchi, cheese, onions, cilantro and sauce. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Food and Wine