This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LiveForFlavor #VivaLaMorena #AddFlavor #CollectiveBias
Easy Slow Cooker Pork Posole is a traditional Mexican Soup, perfect for family gatherings. It is hearty and flavorful and an easy one-dish meal.
Growing up every year at Christmas time, my father would make menudo for our family gatherings. He still does make it for my immediate family but to a smaller degree.
I remember as a kid watching my dad get everything together, cutting, soaking, and finally cooking everything to get that one dish ready for our family.
While I could eat it year-round, I have friends and family members who are not fans of the dish. It is an acquired taste but it is something I grew up on so I have always enjoyed it on special occasions.
Be sure and enter to win fabulous prizes from La Morena® and Knorr® below!
This year I decided to make some pork posole for friends and family this Christmas season to get them introduced to the similarities of menudo.
Made in the slow cooker with Knorr® Chicken Flavor Bouillon and La Morena® Sliced Jalapenos, both of which can be found in the Hispanic aisle at Walmart, this Pork Posole island the perfect dish for a family gathering.
Using the slow cooker makes it a simple dish yet with the addition of the flavors of Knorr and La Morena ingredients, which are always in my pantry, makes it seem like you spent hours slaving over a stove. The variety of ingredients offered from La Morena® and Knorr® are quality and flavor you can count on Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow. Want more ideas for recipes that LIVE FOR FLAVOR® then visit this website for ideas.
I’m hoping this easy Pork Posole will become a tradition at our family gathering along with our beloved menudo.
Easy Slow Cooker Pork Posole
10 minPrep Time
4 hrCook Time
4 hr, 10 Total Time
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2-pound boneless pork shoulder
- 1 c white onion, chopped
- 1 tsp Minced garlic
- 1-30 ounce can hominy, drained
- 6 c boiling water
- 2 Tbsp Knorr® Chicken Flavor Bouillon Granulated Bouillon - 2.2 lbs
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- Fresh cilantro
- Radishes, sliced
- La Morena® Sliced Jalapenos
- Combine the cumin, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Coat the pork with this mixture, then transfer to a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Add the onion, garlic, and hominy.
- Whisk together the boiling water, chicken bouillon and chili powder.
- Pour broth mixture over pork.
- Cover and cook on high until pork is tender, on high for 4 to 5 hours (or low 7-8 hours).
- Remove pork and shred using 2 forks. Place back in the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Serve with lime, cilantro, radishes and jalapeño peppers.