Last Sunday I started dreaming about today. Wishing and hoping. All because I wanted this brunch.
Mornings during the weekday leave me no time for breakfast preparation. That is why I always have breakfast tacos in the freezer ready to go. (And that totally sounded like a commercial.)
But the weekends is when I make breakfast a brunch thing. Seriously. It usually involves tortillas and potatoes or a hash. Oh how I love breakfast hash!
This idea (because it’s more of an idea than a recipe) came from my Sweet Potato and Brussels Sprouts hash. You have to make it!
But I wanted something different and my other favorite way to make Brussels sprouts is roasting them. A little olive oil, salt and pepper and you have the perfect side dish. And when the leaves turn black and crispy. Oh. Em. Gee. Better than French fries. No kidding.
So grab a roasting pan and a bowl and make this breakfast bowl asap. This will make enough for breakfast or brunch for two. And is Weight Watchers friendly. Go easy on the olive oil and you have a points friendly satisfying meal.
- 1 medium Sweet potato, peeled and diced
- About 10 medium Brussels Sprouts, ends cut and halved
- ½ each green bell pepper, yellow bell pepper and red bell pepper, diced
- ½ c Black Beans
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts on a parchment covered baking sheet. Drizzle with a little bit of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Place baking sheet in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Toss bell peppers with olive, salt and pepper.
- Remove from oven and toss vegetables. Add bell peppers.
- Place back in oven and cook for additional 10 minutes.
- While vegetables are roasting, warm up beans on the stovetop.
- Cook egg over easy or sunny side up.
- Plate vegetables in a bowl and top with egg.
- Optional: garnish with cilantro