Oh y’all, I just can’t quit pumpkin. It’s crazy to think that a couple of years ago I wasn’t even a fan of pumpkin.
I never ate pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving. My mom always made a pie but I never ate it. Crazy, right?
Then the pumpkin shortage came and I had to have it. Thus began my obsession with everything pumpkin.
It seems like every time I go to the grocery store I find something new to try. Yesterday it was pumpkin spice Oreos. Mmmmhm.
Before we get to the recipe can we talk about the new iPhone 7. I finally broke down and ordered mine after having the 5s for so long. But you guys, I seriously think I’m going to get carpal tunnel from it.
My hands just aren’t wide enough to hold it in one hand. That’s about the only body part that is small. Either my fingers are going to be in excellent shape or I’ll have to have surgery from over use.
Do you have the same problem? Other than that I love it. Well, except for the home button. I feel like the phone is going to crack from my pushing the home button. I’m just too rough on things.
Ok, enough about phones. On to the recipe.
Now I will let you know that the cream cheese portion makes twice as much as you need. But I used as much as I did so I could use an egg. You can use a larger baking dish to make the brownies thinner and use more of the pumpkin mix. Or do half batter, swirl in some pumpkin batter then repeat.
And I am not happy with these photos at all so I will probably be making them for a fifth time to re-do the photos. Bear with me until then.
- 1 cups plus 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- ½ cup all purpose flour plus ½ tsp, divided
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ c unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ c semi sweet chocolate chips
- Pumpkin swirl
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- In a medium mixing bowl, add sugar, ½ cup flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, butter, eggs, and vanilla. Mix together. In a measuring cup, add chocolate chips and ½ tsp flour and toss to combine. Add chocolate chips to brownie mixture and fold in.
- Prepare a 2.5 quart baking dish (or larger dish) with parchment paper. Spread brownie mix in baking dish.
- In a small bowl, add cream cheese, pumpkin, spices and egg. Whisk together until creamy and lumps are gone.
- Place pumpkin mixture in lines (or dollops if you prefer) on top of brownie mixture then swirl with a knife.
- Bake at 375 for 45-50 mins.