Yes, these are a few of my favorite things! I know I would be pretty stoked if I received any of these gifts. If you have someone you know who loves to cook and you don’t know what to get them, these are things that can be used every day. These can also be given to someone who is out on their own for the first time or newlyweds setting up their first home. I travel between Austin and Lubbock a lot so I have duplicates of these in both places. Most even sit on my counter tops because I use them so frequently. Or if you want these yourself, send your husbands, wives, boyfriends, girlfriends or significant others to this post to have them pick something for you. I’m telling you, they will all come in handy for the home chef or baker.
Merry Christmas Y’all!
1. Hamilton Beach 62650 6-Speed Classic Hand Mixer, Silver – this hand mixer has been a lifesaver. It is my go-to mixer when I just want to mix up something quick and because it comes with its own storage case that fits all the beaters and attachments, I don’t have to use up a lot of counter space to store it or go hunting down those beaters when the mood strikes me to bake.
2. Wilton Cookie Press – at Christmas time, I use this press to make my signature Spritz cookies that I always make for the family. But let’s be honest. I don’t only make them during the holidays. These things are so good and one batch makes up so many that it’s hard not to want them all the time.
3. Kai Pure Komachi 6-Piece Knife Set – when I first bought this knife set I wasn’t expecting much but oh em gee! they are the best knives ever! Seriously. I use them every single day and threw out all my other knives.
4. Baker’s Secret 24-Cup Muffin Pan, Mini – If you follow me on here at all you know I like to make mini-foods. Love them. Maybe because they are so tiny you can convince yourself that ten or 12 make up one serving. Whatever it is I love using this mini muffin pan to make Brie and Pecan bites or mini banana cream pies.
5. Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker, 6-Quart – I use my slow cooker at least three times a month. Without fail. Why? It is so easy to set it and forget it. My co-worker uses hers probably four times a week. Every day she comes in and tells me what she has put in the slow cooker for dinner and I salivate. This one is programmable so it can turn to keep warm after it reaches the desired cook time or temperature.
6. Slow Cooker Liners – And you can’t use your slow cooker without liners. Well, you can but why would you? This makes for such an easy clean-up and I’m all for that.
7. OXO Good Grips Medium Cookie Scoop – I don’t know what I would do without my cookie scoop. I use it for cookies, cupcakes, quiche and pretty much anything else that needs scooping. Priceless. Couldn’t do without it.
8. Wooden Round 2-Compartment Salt Box – ok this is probably an indulgence but it is one I love. You use salt and pepper every day to season your food right. Well, I hope you do. If so, no need to keep pulling out your salt and pepper. This little box keeps it handy for you. Love it.
9. Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast-Iron Chef’s Skillet, 10-inch – I don’t know what to say if you don’t already have a cast iron skillet. This is the same one I have and I absolutely adore it. Adore it people. It sits on my stove all the time ready to use for anything. My favorite dis to make is cornbread and beans. Excuse me while I go make a batch.
* contains affiliate links