This Sock It To Me Bundt Cake is utter perfection with a sweet pecan surprise in the middle.
You know those people who have certain things that just remind you of them. This Sock It To Me Bundt Cake is that for my dearly departed Aunt Lola. I will always associate this cake with her. She loved making it and I think she loved the name even more.
I am currently working on a family cookbook. I made one in 1999 to give out to family members at Christmas and that was home published. Like printing it at home and going to Kinkos and having them put a coil bind on it. Good times. But now I am trying to make a professional looking cookbook and the best part is I get to remake all these wonderful recipes and eat them all. Well, that is the second best part. The best part is having these recipes from those who have passed on to make a reminisce about them over their dishes.
My Aunt Lola was known for her Sock It To Me Cake and I was so excited to make it for the new cookbook. I had to share it because it is that good.
This cake is utter perfection and just the right level of sweetness. It isn’t hard to make but Bundt cakes always intimidate me. The trick is to properly spray the pan so it doesn’t stick.
Looking at these pictures makes me want to make it again. Anyone have a birthday coming up? This Sock It To Me Cake would make a great Easter celebration addition to your table as well. I may just have to make it for our family celebration.
I’m going to share another Aunt Lola cake here on the blog next week so get ready for that. She was one of the best cake bakers in the family and I miss that dear lady every single day.
Sock It To Me Bundt Cake
20 minPrep Time
55 minCook Time
1 hr, 15 Total Time
- Streusel filling:
- 2 Tablespoon Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Butter Golden cake mix
- 2 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup finally chopped pecans
- 1 package Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Butter Golden cake mix, minus 2 Tablespoons for filling
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup Crisco oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 to 2 Tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Grease and flour 10 inch Bundt cake pan.
- For filling: Combine 2 Tablespoon dry cake mix, brown sugar and cinnamon in bowl. Mix together and stir in pecans.
- For cake: combine remaining cake mix, eggs, sour cream, oil, water and brown sugar and bowl. Bait at medium speed for two minutes. Pour 2/3 of batter into prepared Bundt pan. Sprinkle filling over cake mix. Spoon remaining batter evenly over filling. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 25 minutes. Invert cake onto serving plate. Cool completely.
- For glaze: combine confectioner sugar and milk. Start until smooth. Drizzle over cake.