This Pumpkin Dump Cake is the perfect blend of a traditional pumpkin pie with a cobbler crumble on top.
I really am turning into the queen of dump cakes over here. Yes, I have only posted two now but I have made many others just testing them out. And whenever somebody asks me to bring something to a get-together, or even when they don’t ask, dump cakes are my favorite thing to make. This Pumpkin Dump Cake is truly so simple and ramps up your traditional Pumpkin Cake and just takes it to the next level.
Pumpkin Pie is ok in my book but it’s not something I will rush to make. But this, this Pumpkin Dump Cake is truly something I will reach for over and over again. I made it twice for my coworkers now and mostly to test it, but also because I wanted more. I try not to eat sugar, only sparingly, but this one is worth it.
Here’s what we are making for Thanksgiving this year in addition to the Pumpkin Dump Cake:
- Mom’s Roast Turkey (sorry, no link)
- Bacon and Green Bean Casserole
- Rudy’s Creamed Corn
- Mom’s Cornbread Dressing
- Candied Yams Casserole or Miss Robbies Candied Yams
- Lime & Pineapple Ambrosia
- Mashed Potatoes (basic version)
- Pumpkin Cake Bars
I feel like I am missing something from our menu but I know it will come to me. This year I am also going to try making my own rolls. We usually get the Brown ‘n Serve rolls because that is what we have always had but this year, I want to try my friend Michelle’s rolls.
Ok, back to this Pumpkin Dump Cake. It is a basic pumpkin pie filling recipe but, BUT, it is topped with my standard crumb topping for dump cakes. Most people make dump cakes and just put the cake mix on top and either dot it with butter or drizzle melted butter over it. Not me. Oh no, I add oatmeal and pecan to the mix to just give it that crumble texture.
I’m telling you, the Thanksgiving table needs this Pumpkin Dump Cake this year.
Pumpkin Dump Cake
This Pumpkin Dump Cake takes the traditional pumpkin pie and makes it exceptional with a crumble topping.
10 minPrep Time
50 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 1 - 15oz can Pumpkin Puree
- 2 eggs
- 1 - 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 c evaporated milk
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of salt
- Crumb topping:
- 1 spice cake box mix
- 1/2 c unsalted utter, melted
- 1/3 c chopped pecans
- 1/3 c old fashioned oats
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Optional topping on finished cake:
- Salted Caramel
- Whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, dump pumpkin puree, eggs, both milks, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Mix together with a spatula until thoroughly combined.
- Dump into a 9 inch pie plate or 9x13 cake pan.
- Mix together cake mix, melted butter, pecans, oats and pumpkin pie spice. I use a fork to mix together until a crumble forms.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture over top of the pie filling (if using a pie plate, you may only use about 3/4 of crumb mixture).
- Bake in over for 50 minutes.
- Top individual pieces with whipped cream and salted caramel.