Pumpkin Pie Dip is the sweet treat you didn’t know you needed in your life. It is a creamy dip that will bring the fall season into your mouth.
Wow that was a long unexpected break I took from this place. Ever get in a funk and you just don’t want to do anything? Yeah that wasn’t me in real life, only with the blog. I’ve been baking and testing recipes and have quite a few to share but the thought of actually writing something to go along with it (I have to for google to like me), taking decent pictures (my picture taking is regressing instead of improving), editing said pictures and then posting – it was all too much for me. So I gave myself a break. But I’m back! And now on to the good stuff.
Fall seems like it took forever to get here but now that we are in it, I could not be more excited. Excited because I get to eat all things pumpkin like this Pumpkin Pie Dip.
I may go a little overboard sometimes on all the pumpkin treats (or so my friends tell me) so this year I’m going to try and contain myself to only a few pumpkin treats. So you know they’re going to be extra good. I’m going to attempt to share more things with apple, caramel and pecans but don’t fault me if I come back to pumpkin. For the longest time I thought I didn’t like it then one day it just became this obsession.
This Pumpkin Pie Dip is inspired from Dairy Queen’s Pumpkin Pie Blizzard. It was my first fall treat I had of the year and as soon as I had it I knew I had to make something like it. Theirs had little pieces of pie crust in it and I was like yes! I love it!!
There’s a place where I live that sells mostly all pie dip treats so I fashioned this after their dips. It’s amazing. The texture is so creamy and I love that you can use so many things to dip into it. For this I stuck with pie crust fries and graham crackers but you can totally use gingersnap cookies and nilla wafers.
This is totally something you can have at a holiday gathering as an appetizer or dessert.
Pumpkin Pie Dip
7 minPrep Time
7 minTotal Time
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 c confectioners sugar
- 1 c pumpkin
- 1 container whipped topping
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Pie dough
- Cinnamon sugar
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix cream cheese until creamy. Add in confectioners sugar in thirds and continue to mix.
- Mix in pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice. Fold in whipped topping.
- Cover and place in refrigerator for at least two hours.
- Make pie dough fries by rolling out dough and cutting into strips then making according to package instructions. Once out of the oven, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar (sugar mixed with ground cinnamon).
- Take the dip over the top by chopping up some pie crust fries and folding into the dip.