This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. The opinions and text are all mine. #JimmyDeanHeatNServe
I recently had a crunch wrap and my life has not been the same since. So much so my coworkers are tired of hearing me talk about the virtues of a crunch wrap. I mean it’s genius. Wrap everything for a meal in a tortilla and fry it up. It’s like a round stuffed taco. Breakfast is my favorite meal on the weekends. I live for my brunch on Saturday and Sunday. So when the idea of putting all my favorite breakfast items together was put out there, yes, please! I love layering foods so this was the perfect recipe to make for breakfast. Go crazy and dip that Breakfast Crunch Wrap is some salsa or hot sauce.
When I was trying to decide what to put in this Breakfast Crunch Wrap I knew exactly what I would add to take it over the top – Jimmy Dean® Heat ‘n Serve -Turkey Sausage Patties. These patties are so dang tasty with their signature seasoning. They are pre-cooked so you can heat them up in seconds. I also like the Jimmy Dean® Heat ‘n Serve -Original Sausage Links and I can just eat them up so fast.
You can grab the Jimmy Dean Heat n’ Serve patties and links in your favorite grocery stores frozen section. My H-E-B had them in two spots. Speaking of, do you ever use the order ahead and pick-up option at H-E-B? If not, why not! I love that option. I usually do my shopping on Thursday nights in bed and pick up Friday after work. So dang convenient. And don’t miss out on the digital coupon for $2 off one Jimmy Dean Heat ‘n Serve sausage. You can grab them in H-E-B right by the patties.
Go ahead and give this Breakfast Crunch Wrap a taste. It will be your go-to breakfast item. I’m making a batch to freeze this weekend for those days I want something filling but am running out the door. These are so simple and quick to make as it is, I can’t wait to make them freezer friendly.
Breakfast Crunch Wrap
10 minPrep Time
4 minCook Time
14 minTotal Time
- 3 Flour tortillas, Burrito size
- 3 eggs
- 4 Jimmy Dean® Heat ‘n Serve patties of your choice (1 is for you to eat while you cook the remaining food)
- 3/4 c cooked hash browns (Either shredded or patties)
- 3/4 c Mexican shredded cheese,
- 1 Tbsp chives
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil
- Optional: Salsa or hot sauce.
- Heat patties until warm. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs together and season with salt and pepper. Scramble eggs over low heat. Add chives and continue over low heat until cooked. Set aside.
- Add about a teaspoon of oil to cast iron pan. Let heat up over medium heat.
- Prepare crunch wrap by dividing ingredients evenly on tortillas. Begin by placing hash browns in the center of the tortilla. Add sausage then top with eggs. Sprinkle cheese on top of eggs then bring tortillas up and continue folding until it is completely folded.
- Place crunch wrap in hot pan folded side down. Let cook for 1-2 minutes until crispy. Flip over and repeat.
- Serve with salsa or hot sauce (optional).