This No Bake Banana Split Dessert is the perfect dessert for a summer get-together. No need to turn on the oven to enjoy this sweet treat.
When I lived in Washington, DC my good friend Renata made a version of this No Bake Banana Split Dessert for a party. Oh man when I too that first bite it was like a little slice of heaven. Up until then my banana splits were only from the Dairy Queen variety so to get the chance to try it a new way was wonderful. It’s so simple to make too which is a plus in my book.
Since I started this blog, I have shared so many different Banana Split desserts on here but my favorite will always be this dessert. Not only is this No Bake Banana Split Dessert delicious, it also reminds me of great times with great friends in Washington. When Renata taught me to make this dish, we made it with raw eggs. Back then it was a common practice to use raw eggs for this dessert but nowadays people get a little freaked out so I’ve changed it up to use cream cheese for the filling. If I wasn’t sharing this with kids, I would go ahead and use the raw egg method but since I’m sharing it with the family, I wanted a super safe option.
I first shared this early on in the blog but wanted to recreate it to update the photos and the filling. I still haven’t learned to make a clean cut on creamy desserts – baby steps people. And for those brave souls who want to try the original version, I will keep the raw egg instructions at the bottom in case you want to give it a try. Thank you Renata!
Banana Split Cake
Yields 9 servings
7 minPrep Time
4 hr, 7 Total Time
- 1/2 c melted butter
- 1 1/2 c graham cracker crumbs
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 5 Tbsp confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 bananas
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 small can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 qt strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 tubs Cool Whip
- Chocolate syrup
- 1/4 c cup pecans
- Maraschino cherries
- Mix together graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Press into the bottom of 8x8 clear baking pan. Place in refrigerator while making filling.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together cream cheese, confectioners sugar and vanilla extract. Beat until creamy, about 3 minutes. Fold in one tub of Cool Whip until thoroughly combined.
- Spread filling over the crumb crust.
- Cut bananas and dip in lemon juice to keep from browning.
- Layer bananas, pineapple and strawberries. Top with remaining cool whip. Drizzle chocolate sauce and sprinkle pecans over cool whip. Add cherries. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Optional to also top with bananas.
For raw egg mixture in place of cream cheese mixture:
Ingredients: 2 eggs
2 c confectioners’ sugar
1 c butter, softened
In a bowl, mix together sugar, eggs and softened butter then beat with an electric mixer for 20 minutes. No less than 20 minutes.
Leave a Reply