This Breakfast Tostada is filled with roasted vegetables, refried beans and a fried egg. You can make it with your favorite veggies to make a simple, delicious anytime meal.
Are you a brinner person. I could eat breakfast for every meal and be happy. This Breakfast Tostada has been on rotation at my place for over a month now. And it’s usually on the table for dinner, but I don’t discriminate so it is also on the table for brunch.
I always seem to have Brussel Sprouts and eggs on the weekends so I wanted to change it up a bit. I’m by no means giving up either, just enhancing them. I usually have sweet potatoes but since butternut squash is zero Weight Watchers points, I made the switch.
The only hard thing with butternut squash is cutting that thing. I always feel like I’m going to cut a finger off trying to get the knife through the whole thing. But it is so worth it. And I’m not going to lie, if I found it cut up already in my produce section, I’d probably buy it. I could live off of roasted vegetales so that may be why this is a new favorite.
This is super simple to put together. You can have it with cheese or without but since I’m usually trying to go low on Weight Watchers points, I go without so the only points I have to track are the thin corn tortillas and olive oil from the roasting of the veggies. Yay for zero point eggs!! Freestyle all the way! Enjoy!
5 minPrep Time
27 minCook Time
32 minTotal Time
- Butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced
- Brussel Sprouts, ends cut off then cut in half or fourths
- Thin corn tortillas
- Refried beans
- Hot sauce
- Parsley or cilantro
- (Amounts will vary according to how many tostadas you make)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place diced butternut squash and Brussel Sprouts in a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and generously season with salt and pepper.
- Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Spray thin corn tortilla with cooking spray. Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 6 minutes. Flip over and bake an additional 2 minutes.
- Heat refried beans in the microwave. Spread over crispy tortilla.
- Note: if you were going to use cheese, you would place it on top of the beans then broil until melted (but cook the tortilla a little less or else it may get burned).
- Top tortilla with vegetables.
- Fry egg according to your preference. Place on top of vegetables.
- Garnish with hot sauce and parsley or cilantro.