This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and the Coca-Cola Company. All opinions are mine alone. #GameDayBundle #PlayPauseRefresh #CollectiveBias
Your favorite sandwich fused with a childhood snack makes the perfect game day appetizer – Chicken BLT Quesadillas.
It’s my favorite time of the year! The weather is cooler, football games are on practically every day and friends and family are enjoying time together.
I love having people over to watch our favorite team play. Growing up, my dad had the television on with every football game on Sunday from the moment we got home from church until the last game that night. Sometimes family members would drop by to watch the game and eat. We always had food at the ready for any guests who might drop by.
I still love watching all the games on Sunday and having people over to enjoy the game and food too! One thing my mom always made us growing up was quesadillas. Only back then we didn’t call them quesadillas. It was just cheese and tortillas. She would take a chunk of cheese and just melt it on the tortilla and voila, a snack was made.
The last time I was home with the folks, I wanted to make something easy and tasty for us to snack on while we sat and cheered on our boys. My mind immediately went to quesadillas but kicked up. Because that’s what I do. Enter one of my favorite sandwiches, a BLT. I had to add some chicken too to stuff it a little more. Yummy!
Off I went to Randall’s to get everything needed to make these little triangles of deliciousness. As soon as I saw the end-cap display with the new COCA-COLA® ZERO SUGAR I had to grab some right away. Our house is always filled with COCA-COLA® products so I picked some up for our afternoon because it’s the perfect pair with the quesadillas. I love that it has more real Coca-Cola flavor with no sugar! Bonus, there are so many products you can save on during the Stock Up Sale going on now at Albertsons, Tom Thumb and Randall’s. Perfect time to stock up for guests!
Show us how you #PlayPauseRefresh for a chance to win a $25 gift card or even a grand prize package including a 55″ television, a sound bar, a TV stick, and a catered viewing party. For more information on how to enter please click here.
HOW TO ENTER:
1. Refresh your night with your favorite snack recipe and an ice-cold Coca-Cola.
2. Share a pic with #PlayPauseRefresh and #Sweepstakes for your chance to win!
5 GRAND PRIZES:
- 55” television
- sound bar
- TV stick
- catered viewing party valued at $1,000 catered by a local chef
60 $25 GIFT CARD PRIZES
Chicken BLT Quesadillas
You favorite sandwich fused with a childhood snack makes the perfect game day appetizer - Chicken BLT Quesadillas with a Avocado Crema Sauce.
5 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- Flour tortillas (2 per quesadilla)
- Bacon (2 slices per quesadilla)
- Rotisserie chicken (about 1/4 c per quesadilla)
- Mexican blend cheese, shredded (about 1/2 c per quesadilla)
- Lettuce, shredded
- Tomato, sliced
- cooking spray
- Avocado Crema Sauce:
- 1 small avocado, pitted and removed from skin
- 1/2 c Crema
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- pinch of salt
- Combine all ingredients for sauce into a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Cook bacon until crispy. My favorite way to do it is to cover a cookie sheet with foil then place bacon slices on foil. Place in the oven and turn oven on to 375. Bake for 20 minutes (from time placed in oven - starting it cold prevents bacon from curling). Drain on paper towel covered plate.
- Spray cast iron pan with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat.
- Add two tortillas to warm up one side each (makes melting cheese easier). Take tortilla out and prepare quesadilla.
- Top tortilla with cheese, bacon, chicken, lettuce, tomatoes and more cheese. Top with another tortilla and press down.
- Place quesadilla back in skillet and cover to melt cheese. Press down and cook for about a minute. Carefully flip over and cook until cheese has melted, about one minute.
- Cut into six pieces and serve with Avocado Crema Sauce, lettuce and tomatoes. And COCA-COLA® ZERO SUGAR of course.