This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #OfrendasConNestle #NestleKitchen #CollectiveBias
Growing up, Dia de los Muertos is something that I was a little afraid of. I mean what kid wouldn’t be afraid of “Day of the Dead”. I didn’t want to celebrate someone’s death, I wanted them back. Having lost my brother at a young age, that wasn’t a cause for celebration to me. It was the saddest day of my life.
I wish I would have learned more about Dia de los Muertos and this day of celebration back then but now that I’m older and wiser, I celebrate it every year. It’s the perfect time to share memories of dearly departed loved ones with family and friends. It’s a time to remember the good times and share in their favorite things to eat.
Is Dia de los Muertos a holiday your family celebrates? Every year it seems that there are more commercial products to celebrate this day. I love it. My family and I will be having a potluck get-together to celebrate Dia de los Muertos this year.
I talk to the niece and nephews all the time about my brother and grandparents and all the good times we had but I love that there is a day specifically set aside to do this too. I have memories of my family going to church on this day as part of the celebration too. Having these family traditions are something I treasure and try to keep up with and pass on to my niece and nephews too.
This year for our get-together, I wanted to make something that the kids would love and something I know my brother would have loved. NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels has always been a staple in our pantry for as long as I can remember. With no artificial flavors or colors it’s my go-to favorite for baking and no-bake treats like this Chocolate Peanut Butter Hazelnut Bark.
Anytime I’m in Walmart, I always head to the baking aisle and always pick up the same staples, including this semi-sweet chocolate morsels. You never know when the mood will trike to have something sweet!
This dessert is so simple to put together but packs a punch of flavor. It’s an easy make-ahead treat too so you can make it in advance of your get-together. With only a few ingredients, even a novice chef can make it.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Hazelnut Bark
The perfect, easy no-bake recipe for family get-togethers. This Chocolate Peanut Butter Hazelnut Bark is a treat for every age.
8 hr, 15 Prep Time
8 hr, 15 Total Time
- 1 - 12 oz NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1/4 c creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp roasted hazelnuts, chopped
- Sea Salt
- Dia de los Muertos skulls and sprinkles
- Melt semi-sweet chocolate morsels either in a double boiler on the stovetop or in the microwave for :30 seconds then in :15 second increments, stirring often.
- Heat peanut butter in microwave for :12 seconds.
- Place parchment paper on cookie sheet. Spread melted chocolate on parchment paper.
- Place dollops of peanut butter on chocolate then swirl using a toothpick.
- Sprinkle sea salt on top then with chopped hazelnuts. Decorate with skulls and sprinkles.
- Place cookie sheet the refrigerator overnight to set chocolate. Break into pieces and serve.
Leave a Reply