Salted Dulce de Leche Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect combination of sweet, salty and chewy goodness.
I am always on the hunt for new cookies when I want to deliver them to our firemen or law enforcement personnel. On Instagram I saw someone made salted caramel cookies so I immediately went and searched for a recipe. One ingredient I always have on hand is dulce de leche so I knew I was going to substitute it for the caramel. That creamy sweet caramel like deliciousness was the perfect addition to make these Salted Dulce de Leche Chocolate Chip Cookies.
I found this recipe on sweetphi.com and knew I had to try it. I halved her recipe and took some into the office where they were met with resounding success. One coworker who is not even a sweets fan was crazy about these. She even came in one day and said she was driving into work hoping there were some leftover and immediately went to the kitchen to grab some. I love when that happens!
These cookies were placed in a box of baked goods I took to the Sherriff’s office, the Police Department and Department of Public Safety. You can read all about why I shared these treats with them here.
You will definitely want to make these the next time you want a treat for yourself or to give away.
Serves 1 cookie
7 minPrep Time
33 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 1/2 c (1 stick) butter, unsalted, at room temperature
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 3/4 c brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/3 c Dulce de Leche
- 2 c all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 c semi sweet chocolate chips
- Coarse sea salt for sprinkling
- Place butter and sugars in a large mixing bowl. Using a stand or hand mixer, beat together until creamy (about 2 minutes).
- Add in vanilla extract and egg. Beat with mixer until combined.
- Scrape down sides of bowl then add in Dulce de Leche. Beat until incorporated and scrape sides of bowl again.
- Add in flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Slowly start mixer to combine.
- Pour in chocolate chips and mix together with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Cover dough or place on saran wrap and cover completely. Dough should rest in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with a silpat or parchment paper. Using a tablespoon size cookie scoop, scoop dough and place on prepared baking sheet. Place dough about 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies for 9-11 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle sea salt over cookies. Let cool on cookie sheet for 3 minutes then remove to cookie rack to cool completely.
- Makes 3 dozen cookies.
adapted from SweetPhi.com