This Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake is a favorite of Chip and Joanna Gaines. It is also the moistest, most over the top chocolate cake ever made.
It is time for another installment of #ReadingFoodie. For this review, I’ve adapted Chip and Joanna Gaines favorite (or so People magazine says) Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake to the most flavorful and moistest chocolate cake ever.
Last year I took my momma and niece to Waco to visit my aunt and to get some amazing cupcakes at the Magnolia Silos Bakery. Oh. Em. Gee. Those cupcakes were divine.
Anyway, I still remember asking my mom what she would do if we saw Chip and Joanna Gaines as we were driving around Waco. She replied “I’d just die!” Oh my gosh I cracked up because she sounded so cute saying it.
(*Clicking on the book will take you to Amazon – affiliate link)
I gave my mom their book, The Magnolia Story (*affiliate link), not too long after it came out. I thought she’d give it to me to read after her but she’s holding on to it for dear life. So of course I had to buy the audible version for myself. When I was home recently, I played the audio book as she and I were driving back and forth dropping off kids here and there. We laughed and laughed and just fell in love with Chip and JoJo even more.
Listening to their book in their own voices was such a treat. They tell their story so humbly and with the humor and charisma that we have come to love watching them weekly on Fixer Upper. If you are a fan of the show at all, you have to get the book.
Once I finished the audio book I knew I would find a recipe of theirs to share on here as a part of #ReadingFoodie. If you are a fan of chocolate, at all, you have to try this chocolate Bundt cake. People Magazine calls it a favorite of Chip and JoJo’s. It has almost every type of chocolate in it and I’ve used every trick in the book to make it the moistest cake ever. It’s pretty much death by chocolate.
Chip & Joanna Gaines’ Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
Serves 12 slices - 1 slice per person
This Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake is a favorite of Chip and Joanna Gaines. It is also the moistest, over the top chocolate cake ever made.
5 minsPrep Time
45 minsCook Time
50 minsTotal Time
- 1 (15.25-oz.) pkg. devil’s food cake mix
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 c milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (3.9 oz.) pkg. chocolate fudge instant pudding mix
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Powdered sugar
- 4 oz Heavy whipping cream
- 4 oz Chocolate chips
- Fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, yogurt, milk, eggs, pudding mix, cocoa and oil. Mix with an electric mixer on low speed until just combined. Increase speed to medium and beat until light and fluffy. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Generously spray a bundt cake pan with baking spray.
- Pour mixture into bundt cake pan and place in the oven.
- Bake for 40-43 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Remove cake from oven. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Transfer cake from pan to wire rack and cool for about 1 hour until cooled completely.
- Dust powdered sugar all over cake.
- Place chocolate chips and whipping cream in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for one minute and let sit in microwave for five minutes. Stir together and let sit to thicken. Drizzle over cake.
*Affiliate links are used in this post. If you click the links or the book, you will be taken to Amazon and if you purchase, I will receive a small commission. This pays for hosting the blog.