These Andes Mint Cookies are a simple cake mix cookie with the added flavor of Andes mints.
Need some cookies but want to skip nearly all the measuring? These Cake Mix Andes Mint Cookies are the answer. It only takes a few ingredients to make these simple, yet delicious cookies. The end result is a soft, chewy mint chocolate cookie.
On Instagram recently, one of my favorite OG scrapbookers, Becky Higgins shared a recipe for Andes Mint Cookies. These cookies looked so good and so simple. So Target curbside to the rescue. They were quick and easy to make for my coworkers. They loved them so I knew I had to make some for my Christmas cookie boxes this year. Ok, I may have made them a few times before the actual cookie boxes. They’re that good.
I added some Andes Mint chips into the batter and added some to the top instead of peppermint chips because I had some leftover from my Hot Chocolate Bar. I also added some peppermint baking chips in the batter as well. I just love that little surprise that comes with each bite.
These are so simple and make a good amount for a quick treat. Using the small cookie scoop makes the perfect size treat. These Andes Mint Cookies are very soft and the extra mint chips make them a little fudgy and chewy which I love. You don’t have to add them in but if you want to be extra, then please do. You can use either peppermint chips or the same Andes Mint baking chips to decorate the top. Or try and get some green from the Andes Mint to show and that can be your decoration.
I plan to make other flavors of cake mix cookies too but ran out of time for my Christmas boxes this year. There’s always New Years and Valentines Day.
Serves 1 cookie
5 minPrep Time
8 minCook Time
13 minTotal Time
- 1 box Devils Food Cake Mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c vegetable oil
- Andes baking chips (optional)
- 1 package Andes Mints
- Peppermint chips or Andes baking chips for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cake mix, eggs and vegetable oil. Mix will be thick. At this point you can add about 1/4 c Andes baking chips to the mix if you want added flavor.
- Use a small scoop to form balls. Place on silpat or parchment covered baking sheet. Place cookies in oven and bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove cookies and place Andes Mint on warm cookies. Wait five minutes and then use the back of a spoon to spread melted mint. Sprinkle either peppermint chips or baking chips on top.
Leave a Reply