Cranberry Curd Sugar Cookie Cups are the perfect combination of sweet and tart. Delicate cups are filled with a simple Cranberry Curd and topped with whipped topping.
Can you imagine this curd as a Cranberry Meringue Pie? I can. Cranberry Scones? Yes, please. Cranberry Curd Dutch Baby Pancakes. Yum!
Cranberries aren’t just for the holidays. These babies store very well in the freezer so you can have them year round. I have more waiting to make the recipes mentioned above.
Thank you to Cape Cod for sending me some of their delicious cranberries to be a part of their Cape Cod Select Recipe Challenge.
To get more recipes, follow Cape Cod Select on social media:
To find a store near you that carries these delicious cranberries, visit: their store locator.
Cranberry Curd Sugar Cookie Cups
Yields 24 cookie cups
8 minPrep Time
12 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- Cranberry Curd:
- 2 c Frozen Cranberries
- 1/4 c water
- Juice of 1 Orange
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Egg yolks
- 3/4 c Sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp salted butter, softened
- 1/2 c Salted Butter, softened
- 1/4 c + 2 Tbsp Canola Oil
- 3/4 c + 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Water
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 3/4 c All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Cream Of Tartar
- Zest of 2 lemons
- Cranberry Curd:
- In a medium saucepan, add cranberries, water and orange juice. Bring to a boil until cranberries stop to pop. Using a sieve or fine strainer, mash the cranberries and let juice drop back into the saucepan. (Keep smushing them and moving around and don't forget to get the sauce from the bottom of the sieve.) Let cranberry cool.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg and egg yolks. Add in sugar, vanilla and continue to whisk until combined.
- Add eggs to cranberry mixture and mix until incorporated. Place saucepan over medium heat and whisk continually until sauce thickens (It will also thicken in the refrigerator).
- Once thick, remove from heat and slowly add the butter. Mix it until melted into the curd. Place in a mason jar, cover and chill for at least one hour.
- Cookie Cups:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream together butter, oil, sugar, water, egg and vanilla extract. Using an electric mixer, mix together until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, cream of tartar and lemon zest.
- Slowly add flour into wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Spray mini muffin tin pan with cooking spray. Use a tablespoon scoop to fill tin. Use the end of a wooden spoon and form an indentation in the middle of the dough to form the cups. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Form indentation once again and allow to cool before removing from the tins.
- Fill Cranberry Curd into cups and top with whipped topping.
*Sugar cookie recipe adapted from here.