Sweetened Banana Cream Pudding is the perfect treat any time of the year. Simple to make but it packs a ton of flavor.
Banana Cream pudding holds a special place in my heart. It’s one of my mom’s specialty pies that she always makes for our holiday gatherings. People have been known to hide her pies to try and keep them for themselves. I could eat one of her pies all by myself so I totally understand it.
Being a foodie though, I’m always looking at what other people are cooking up. When I saw on Pinterest that people used Pepperidge Farm Chessman cookies instead of Nilla Wafers for the crust, I was intrigued. I could eat an entire bag of those cookies by myself. And then someone else added sweetened condensed milk. Yes, please! Nestlé has a wonderful version, La Lechera, that I was just wanting to use. So I did.
Let me just tell you, this Sweetened Banana Cream Pudding version is wonderful. Just an extra hint of sweetness and then that bite of surprise with the cookies. Served in mini mason jars because hello, on brand. Perfection.
Banana Cream Pudding is perfect any time of the year. I made these last year for my niece and nephews graduation party and they were a hit. Whenever there is a special family dinner, this dessert always seems to be the one thing requested.
Sweetened Banana Cream Pudding
- 1 - 4.6 oz package Jell-O Banana Cream Cook and Serve pudding and pie filling
- 2 c milk
- 1 c Nestle La Lechera Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 21 Pepperidge Farm Chessmen (9 cut into mini pieces)
- 4 bananas
- Cool Whip
- In a medium saucepan, add pudding, milk and condensed milk. Bring to a slow boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook for 4-5 minutes then take off heat.
- In 12 mini mason jars, add Pepperidge Farm Chessman pieces to the bottom. Pour in banana cream mixture. Top with banana slices. Pour in more banana cream mixture.
- Cover mason jars with Saran Wrap and place in the refrigerator to set (at least 1 hour but you can also leave them overnight).
- Once cooled and set, top with Cool Whip. Garnish with banana slice and cookie.