This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CrispyCreations #CollectiveBias #CrispiestChicken
I have chosen my favorite kitchen appliance, and the winner is my air fryer. Yep. Kind of like acupuncture, I will tell everyone about how awesome it is and talk your ear off about that thing. Today, I’m sharing my Air Fryer Fried Chicken recipe with you. This is the crispiest chicken you will find using your air fryer. Seriously. I love fried food, like seriously love it. But I’ve got curves, and my body does not need anything fried. Well, let me tell you the air fryer is the answer to your kitchen prayers and it lets you enjoy the crispy crunch factor without the worry of extra calories. Add to that I’m always afraid of a grease fire, so I’m taking the safer route.
Growing up, my mom always used to fry up chicken for us and it was a favorite meal of mine. I still remember the crunchy crust, which is my favorite part. Using Argo® Corn Starch in my flour helps to get the crispiest chicken ever. That crunch factor is the best thing about fried chicken. This recipe is super simple, and you can use a couple of spices or my favorites to add more flavor to your chicken. But whatever you do, don’t forget the Argo® Corn Starch; it really does help to get the crispiest chicken with an airy texture and helps to brown the chicken. I tested this a few times, and the best crust was a double dip in the flour and egg mixtures.
Argo® Corn Starch is the leading corn starch brand with over 100 years of quality and trust over multiple generations. My family has been using it for years! It’s great for thickening soups and in stir fry. I especially like it for thickening up my teriyaki chicken, too. You can also use it as a binding agent in baked goods – the glue that holds desserts together. Whether you are frying it up or, like me, in the air fryer, you won’t be disappointed. A plus for the air fryer is if you have leftover chicken, you can heat it up in the air fryer and retain that crispy factor to a degree. This ‘secret ingredient’ is arguably the most important part of any recipe. It’s what sets your recipe apart from others and makes it a success. Argo® Corn Starch is the secret ingredient you’ve been looking for – bringing endless possibilities to the table and providing a worry-free solution to thicken, adjust texture and elevate your cooking and baking. From crispy chicken to thick gravy and sidewalk chalk to slime, Argo® allows you to easily deliver delicious dishes and fun activities your whole family will love. You can get the crispiest chicken with an airy texture with Argo® Corn Starch.
Here’s a tip: Make sure you season your air fryer well before you put the chicken in so it won’t stick. Be sure and visit the Argo® Corn Starch website for more recipes.
Air Fryer Fried Chicken
10 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 3/4 c flour
- 1/4 c Argo® Corn Starch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt plus more for seasoning chicken
- 1 tsp black pepper plus more for seasoning chicken
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp milk
- Spray oil
- Pat chicken pieces with a paper towel to dry them. Season drumsticks with salt and pepper.
- In a deep dish or sealable bag, mix together flour, corn starch, baking powder and spices. Whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, mix together eggs and milk. Whisk to combine.
- Dredge chicken in flour mixture. Tap chicken to remove excess flour. Dip chicken in egg mixture then back into flour mixture.
- Spray chicken pieces with oil (using a mister or spray) to ensure flour is wet.
- Preheat air fryer to 380 degrees. Spray basket with oil or dab with shortening. Place chicken in air fryer basket. Cook for 25 minutes, turning chicken once.
- Air fryers vary, so cook until chicken reaches a temperature of 180 degrees.
Leave a Reply