Banana Nut Pancakes are an easy, delicious way to get more protein in your diet. Starting with Krusteaz’s Buttermilk Protein Pancake Mix makes for a quick preparation.
Now that my niece is in my neck of the woods going to college, I see her almost every weekend. It’s Dede’s laundry service in this here place. And I don’t mind one bit because it means I get to see her and check on her and give her lots of hugs. And as a treat, she gets to have things like these Banana Nut Pancakes.
When she is at my place, I usually have her taste test all the things for me but more often than not, we have pancakes. Pancakes are her favorite thing in the whole wide world and I’ve never been one to make them for her all the times she asks. Mostly it’s because I’ve always been again box mixes or I always either burn them or undercook them. I have a tendency to cook things on high or too low. Sad I know but I have issues.
But then she got here and kept asking for them and I broke down and bought a box mix. And our lives were forever changed. I’m all about time saving tips in the kitchen. While I would love to make everything from scratch, ain’t nobody got time for that! One thing is for certain, with her here I’m becoming a master pancake maker. And since she likes to have them so often I use a box mix to save myself time and my sanity. Simple. Tasty. What’s not to like.
When Krusteaz asked if they could send me a box of their new Buttermilk Protein Pancake Mix to try I said of course. I love the ease, taste and texture of the mix. The protein pancake mix has a better-for-you nutrition profile without sacrificing any of the flavor or fluffiness of pancakes. The mix is made of 100% whole wheat grain flour and contains no artificial flavors, colors or preservatives. Win!
If you know me, you know I had to change it up a bit. I’m always adding something to any box mix. For National Pancake Day I thought I’d transform my favorite muffins into pancakes. With just a few ingredients you too can have the Banana Nut Pancakes. And believe me when I tell you they taste just like Banana Nut Bread. Have mercy.
Banana Nut Pancakes
Yields 6 pancakes
5 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
10 minTotal Time
- 1 c Krusteaz Buttermilk Protein Pancake Mix
- up to 1 c water
- 1 overripe banana, smushed
- 2 Tbsp favorite nuts (toasted) - I used a combination of slivered almonds and walnuts
- Top with bananas and toasted nuts
- Mix together pancake mix and 3/4 water and stir until combined. Add is smushed banana and toasted nuts and mix together. If too thick, add a little more water until you get a smooth consistency but not too watery.
- Spray pan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Drop about 1/4 c mixture onto hot pan and cook according to package instructions.
- Serve with additional bananas, nuts and maple syrup.