This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #VivaLaMorena #RediscoverLaMorena #CollectiveBias
I have rediscovered an old family dinnertime meal and added a little kick to it. This Chipotle Meatloaf will quickly become a family favorite of yours too. Rediscover more flavors and recipes with LA MORENA®.
Growing up, Meatloaf was one item on our dinner menu ever so often. Being the bratty kid I was, I decided I didn’t like meatloaf so I’d opt for a sandwich or something else. My mom was a saint for putting up with my picky eating habits. She always made the best food for us but at the time I just didn’t appreciate all that she made.
Luckily I grew out of that phase and finally started enjoying all that she made to put on the table. Meatloaf was one of those dishes I started to appreciate but just never eat it on a regular basis. Until now.
I took my mom’s traditional meatloaf and added a BBQ based sauce kicked up with some chipotle peppers in Adobo to give it a little punch. Oh my goodness, this Chipotle Meatloaf quickly became a favorite of mine. Like I made it twice in one week. And I’m already planning to make it for my cousin and his girlfriend and then on my next trip home. The best part is you can add more chipotle peppers if you want to add more heat or keep it on the mild side for those who can’t handle the heat.
Thank you to Fiesta for always have a good selection of LA MORENA® peppers on hand so I can stock up the pantry. I’m going to keep plenty on hand to make this Chipotle Meatloaf often. I love how LA MORENA® has helped me rediscover this family favorite and recreate it with a bit of kick. LA MORENA® has been a leader in chiles and peppers for 45 years. You can trust them to have the best ingredients for your family favorites or to try something new. You can find other bloggers recipes .
For more tips and recipes, follow LA MORENA® on social media:
Yields 4-6 servings
Chipotle Meatleaf takes a traditional meatloaf and kicks it up a notch with the addition of Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce.
5 minPrep Time
1 hr, 10 Cook Time
1 hr, 15 Total Time
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c Panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 c milk
- 1 Tbsp minced dried onions
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 c Ketchup
- Chipotle Sauce:
- 1 Tbsp (heaping) LA MORENA® Chipotle Peppers in Adobo (7oz can)
- 1/3 c light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp distilled white vinegar
- 1/3 c Ketchup
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all Meatloaf ingredients. Mix with your hands until everything is incorporated completely.
- Cover baking sheet with foil. Spray foil with cooking spray.
- Form meat into a loaf shape and place on the foil.
- In a measuring glass, combine all sauce ingredients. Whisk to combine. Mince the Chipotle peppers into small pieces.
- Pour half the sauce over the meatloaf.
- Place in the oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- Pour remaining sauce over Meatloaf and bake for additional 25 minutes.
- Remove and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Adriana Lopez Martin says