This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LiveForFlavor #VivaLaMorena #AddFlavor #CollectiveBias
Christmas to me is all about family. Growing up, my mom’s entire family would get together every Christmas Eve at my grandparents house. With my mom’s 13 brothers and sisters and their families, it was a packed house.
After my grandparents passed away, we started a tradition of having one of the aunt and uncles host the Christmas celebration every year. When it was our turn to host one year, long before food blogs were even a thing, I decided to make a cookbook for everyone.
I asked my aunts, uncles and cousins to send me their favorite recipes, some memories of grandma and grandpa, and kitchen tips. It was a small cookbook but something I still treasure to this day.
Another tradition we have is participating in Las Posadas at our church. Las Posadas is a reenactment our church does nightly during Christmas. Members of the church play Mary and Joseph on their journey to Bethlehem. It is such a beautiful time and brings the family together to really celebrate the reason for the season.
This year I will be bringing a dish to share one night so I’ve been trying to decide what to make. In that long ago cookbook, my sister shared a recipe for a creamy Chicken and Rice. I remember the first time she made it, it was different from mom’s Arroz con Pollo but it was wonderful with its creamy rice.
When I was looking through the cookbook recently, I decided to revamp my sisters casserole into a cross between a traditional Arroz con Pollo and a Casserole to serve for friends and family during Las Posadas.
Adding some Knorr® Tomato with Chicken Granulated Bouillon – 2.2 lbs and La Morena® Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce really kicked it up a notch and added some spicy goodness to the dish. I especially loved using the Tomato flavor Bouillon in place of adding tomatoes to the casserole dish.
I always have on hand some Knorr® Bouillon since it is so easy to use and adds so much flavor to any dish. And the La Morena® Chipotle Peppers go a long way in adding some spice to dishes your family will love. These are brands you can trust to bring you high quality and great flavor ingredients. My family loves using them and I always use products that are best for my loved ones.
Find more great recipes using Knorr® and La Morena® products here.
Chipotle Chicken and Rice Casserole
Spicy Chipotle Peppers add zing to this take on a traditional Arroz con Pollo to create a Spicy and Creamy Chipotle Chicken and Rice Casserole.
10 minPrep Time
1 hrCook Time
1 hr, 10 Total Time
- I.5 lb skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 c long grain rice
- 1 3/4 c boiling water
- 2 tsp Knorr® Tomato with Chicken Granulated Bouillon - 2.2 lbs
- 1 - 10 oz can cream of mushroom soup
- 1-2 La Morena® Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add together bouillon and boiling water. Whisk to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining spices and mix together.
- Mince the chipotle peppers and add along with the mushroom soup to the bouillon broth. Sprinkle a pinch of the spice mixture and whisk to combine.
- Pour rice into a 9x13 casserole dish. Pour broth and soup mixture over rice (yes, it will be soupy but go with me here).
- Sprinkle remaining spice mixture over chicken. Place chicken in casserole dish on top of rice mixture.
- Cover tightly with foil and place in the oven. Bake for 1 hour.
- When you remove the dish, take out chicken and fluff rice. It will continue to soak up any remaining liquid.